The stages of being a comics fan:
- You don’t read comics and you have no idea what’s going on in comics. Blissful ignorance.
- You start reading comics sporadically, or following just one title. You still have no idea what’s going on, but now you’d like to.
- You read comics obsessively and follow several titles as well as back issues. Wednesday is the highlight of your week. You still have no idea what’s going on.
- You resent the fact that you have to buy so many titles and read so many issues to get the proper context for any given storyline. Wednesday is the worst day of your week and your wallet cries for mercy. You still have no idea what the hell is going on in comics.
- You stop reading comics. Return to stage one and repeat the cycle.